Special Working Parties
List of jobs to be done
- PLEASE remember to accumulate seedlings and cuttings for our plant sales in May/June. Pots beside the shed shown below
- For a detailed list of jobs for the next few months see the list in the shed
- Step over posts that need replacing. Several of these have rotted off and need replacing. It is possible to cut some of the longer posts and trim these to provide the posts needed for the step overs.
- Training posts for the raspberry cages. Here posts and wires are needed for the central parts of the raspberry cages. We have some large posts, and staples and wires. We may need Jane's post driver for this and other similar jobs.
- The positions of the posts that are needed are indicated by red dots on the plan to the left and three wires will be needed per post with three posts per long length of the beds. These posts should be roughly half along the short side of the area.
- New netting for the existing and proposed extension of the fruit cages. It may be possible to repair some of the existing netting but new netting will be needed for the fruit cages.
- New posts for the extension of the fruit cages shown in blue on the plan. These will need to be bought.
- Check Shed for leaks and tidy up behind it
- Clearing the paths. I will spray the paths early in the Spring, but large weeds can be removed especially in the apple walk, and along the north wall .
- Keep the edge communal beds weeded as well as the communal beds. Remind plot holders to weed their plots too.
- Move the gooseberries to the south wall bed.
- Remind everyone that plant sales need plants and these need to be thought abut early.
- Remind everyone to put new green compostable material in the green bins!!!!